Do you have a knack for writing, or an interest you like to talk about?
Freelance writing training is a great way to hone your writing skills, gain valuable experience, and increase your earning potential. This article explains the various benefits of taking a freelance writing course, and how it can help you achieve success in the freelance writing industry.
All the talk about AI may have you thinking what is the point? Don’t let it put you off.
Regardless of what you hear, AI is a tool, nothing more, using it as a stand alone writing tool doesn’t cut it.
We will discuss a little more about that below.
To begin with..
Legal Stuff:–IAP links on this page are affiliate links for which I may receive payment. This is at no cost to you. I am not an employee of any company mentioned and all opinions expressed here are mine and are not representative of any company.
What is Freelance Writing?
The 3 areas commonly associated with freelance writers are:
- Freelance writers create content for businesses, publications, and websites. These can include feature articles in magazines and newspapers, businesses needing content on their websites. Not all publications use qualified journalists for their articles, and often those who are able to write well, with first hand experience in a trade or art, are a go to person for feature articles.
- Freelance writers are self-employed, and work on a project-by-project basis. Freelancers can build a substantial business if they decide to gather a stable of businesses involved in one industry, or spread across multiple industries, and hiring other writers for various projects.
- Freelance writing covers hundreds of different topics, from business and finance to lifestyle, health, medical, science and travel.
Benefits of Freelance Writing Training.
Many people value flexibility. What they require from courses is something they can fit around their schedule. Not only that, but the course must be accredited and offer good support.
The IAP Career College offers courses that ticks those boxes, and all are able to be done from the comfort of your home (or cafe).
It’s accreditations are widely accepted, and highly regarded author, writing tutor, and script writer for an Emmy award winning documentary, Kelly Boyer Sagert is the course designer, so, students are in good hands with her 22 years of writing, and teaching experience.
Developing Your Freelance Writing Skills.
Not everyone wants to become the next Hemmingway (nor do many want to), Most freelance writing assignments are usually less than 2,000 words.
The IAP freelance writing course is designed to have you up to speed quickly.
- A refresher on grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Analyze Writing Assignments
- Working with an Editor
Increase your Confidence
- Your Writing Specialty
- Evaluating Published Writing
- Setting up your Business.
- Gain the confidence to pursue freelance writing jobs.
Find New Opportunities
- Writing Opportunities with Corporate Clients (copywriting and marketing writing, technical writing, and more)
- Best and Worst Ways to Find Clients
- Managing Writing Projects for Clients
- Network with other writers.
The lists above are just an insight into what is involved with the IAP writing course. You can see a complete list of modules here.
The Effect of AI on Freelance Writers.
You really need to look beneath the hype.
For instance, Chat GPTs responses are based solely on the information trained into it. It can use the internet as a source of
information but cannot access real time or current data and also cannot verify the
accuracy of it.
And then there is the little problem of optimizing your article for Search Engine Optimization.
There are other AI tools too, besides ChatGPT.
Bing is releasing a new one Click here if you want to get on the waiting list.
Copy AI is one You Chat and Perplexity are among other lessor known AI tools.
Jasper is quite popular but it comes at a price.
So, notwithstanding mistakes and the sometimes distorted construction, here are some more of Ai’s shortcomings and why, you as a writer, should not be worried.
- AI is very polite. AI tends to be overly polite, never using aggressive or rude language. It also uses somewhat formal phrases such as ‘overly polite.’
- AI tends to describe shared experiences rather than feelings. It avoids using personal pronouns, further underlining this unemotional, somewhat inhuman tone.
- AI cannot use metaphors, irony or sarcasm. Its output is therefore again lacking in many of the things that add flavour to your writing.
- AI is short on detail. Read the output of something from ChatGPT and you will quickly notice that it talks in general terms instead of describing specifics. It also tends to repeat itself a lot.
The reason I say should not be worried is because I see articles like this. AI, just doesn’t have that sort of imagination and probably never will.
Neil Patel is an SEO expert and he makes some good point in this interview.
Freelance writing can be a lucrative and rewarding career, and the easiest way to get started is by doing a good accredited course
Courses such as those offered by IAP career college will have you up to speed with everything you need to kickstart your solopreneur career.
- Marketing Tools
- Marketing Techniques
- Freelance Writing Marketplaces
- Free Media Publicity
And you can have it completed within 6 weeks depending on your time availably. Or longer if you are time poor.