Ever caught yourself thinking, “Why the heck won’t my pages rank, even when I’ve ticked all the boxes?” What if there was a masterclass blueprint, a Rosetta Stone if you will, that deciphers this tangled web called SEO? Rank Math’s new masterclass solution to SEO might just be the flashlight you need to light up the shadowy corners of online visibility, pointing you straight to the front page of the search results.
The guys who built the Rank Math SEO plugin, are experts, who have been studying SEO for years. They have now created an advanced, but easy to understand course that will allow you to put all the parts of the SEO jigsaw together in a coherent, structured way that Google will understand.
No more eagerly awaiting Google’s love, only to be buried deep in the abyss of SERPs. Want a fresh blueprint that’s been crafted to tackle those SEO brickwalls you’ve been banging your head against?
Let’s dive in.
Some Facts about Rank Math.
Rank Math is a popular WordPress plugin designed to help webmasters optimize their websites for search engines. Currently it has over 2.3 million users, and is rated around 4.7- 4.8 depending where you look.
It now commands the respect of competitor companies Yoast, AISEO and others, in fact many users of those plugins shifted over to Rank math, because of the powerful SEO evaluation criteria, offered over versions of Yoast and AISEO.
Here are some key points about Rank Math:
- SEO Plugin for WordPress: Rank Math aids users in improving the search engine visibility of their website by offering various SEO tools and functionalities within its interface.
- Features: The plugin comes loaded with a myriad of features, such as meta title and description customization, XML sitemap generation, Schema markup support, and much more.
- User-Friendly: One of the key advantages of Rank Math is its user-friendly interface, which breaks down complex SEO tasks into simple, manageable steps, even for those who might be new to SEO.
- Integrated Analytics: Rank Math can be integrated with Google Search Console, providing users with important data about their website’s performance directly from the WordPress dashboard.
- Module-Based System: Rank Math operates on a module-based system, allowing users to activate only the features they need, keeping the interface clean and tailored to an individual’s needs.
- Continuous Updates: The Rank Math team is known for regularly updating the plugin, ensuring compatibility with the latest WordPress versions and incorporating new SEO features and improvements.
Basically Rank Math is designed to simplify SEO for WordPress users, offering them a comprehensive toolkit to optimize their sites and improve their chances of ranking higher in search engine results.
Related article Here.
What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Why is it Important.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) refers to the practice of optimizing a website or online content to improve its visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs).
The goal is to organically increase traffic to a site without using paid advertising.
Here’s a breakdown of what SEO entails and why it’s essential:
- Visibility and Ranking: At its core, SEO aims to get a website to rank higher in search engine results. When a site ranks well for specific keywords related to its content, it’s more likely to be seen by users searching for those terms, leading to increased organic (unpaid) traffic.
- Credibility and Trust: Websites that appear on the first page of search engine results are often perceived as more trustworthy by users. This improved perception can bolster a brand’s credibility.
- User Experience: SEO isn’t just about pleasing search engines. It is about providing users with a seamless experience. This includes ensuring that a website is mobile-friendly, easy to navigate, and (most importantly), has quality useful content.
- Cost-Effective Marketing: While there is an initial investment in SEO efforts, attracting organic traffic is generally less expensive in the long run than relying solely on paid advertising. The benefits of SEO often persist over time, unlike paid campaigns which stop when funding ceases.
- Staying Competitive: With millions of websites out there, it’s crucial to stand out in search results to remain competitive. Without SEO, a site risks being buried beneath a mountain of competitors.
- Insights into Customer Behavior: Tools like Google Analytics, often used in tandem with SEO strategies, provide valuable insights into user behavior. This data can be used to refine marketing strategies and to better understand an audience.
In this digital age, where the vast majority of consumers turn to search engines to find information, products, or services, SEO plays a pivotal role in a business’s online success.
By improving a website’s search engine ranking, businesses can increase their visibility, attract more visitors, and enhance their overall online presence and profitability
Why you Need to Understand Search Engine Optimization.
The most popular search engine in the world is Google, and when Google sneezes everyone catches a cold.
The past couple of years has seen a massive upheaval in the way the Google algorithim is now indexing websites. Some websites which had been sitting happily in the top 3 positions on page one for years have disappeared.
Old webpages that hadn’t been updated for years, were replaced by newer, more relevant pages that provided up to date content the searcher was looking for.
As they say, for every loser there is a winner, and pages that were once buried in the deep, dark underbelly of the SERPs began showing up in the first pages.
However Google makes mistakes. Pages that were updated and well optimized that had disappeared, found there way back to the front of the Google Serps.
Badly optimized pages that had a brief moment of sunshine, but didn’t meet Googles helpful content algorithims re-assement crawl faded back into obscruity.
Let’s dig into this a little deeper.
Some Misconceptions about SEO.
For Newbies, everything you have heard about SEO is probably wrong, particularly in the beginning. There are more things you shouldn’t be doing than there are things that you should be doing.
Note:- In this section I am talking mostly about people who are wanna be bloggers and freelancers, if your a brick and mortar business or multi national like Jeep (above), then you will need a fully SEO optimized site from the get go.
Let’s say (for instance), you are just starting out as a blogger.
You have probably been told that search engine optimization is one of the first things you should do on your blog.
This is a fallacy. Until you get incoming links you are wasting your time. Time that could be better spent getting more articles done to attract the interest of people looking for whatever it is you are writing about, or have incoming links from other sites that are interested in what you have to say.
In most cases it can take 30 even 50 articles before you even begin to attract attention from somone searching Google for the information you have, another creator, or from your social media promotions.
I saw a comment the other day on the book of faces from someone complaining his 12mth old site was ranking ok, but he was not getting enough traffic.
He had 35 posts! I don’t know his niche but, 35 posts,! when there are likely others in the same niche with a few hundred on the same topic. Who do you think Google will consider the expert?
Obviously, to be ranking ok he is targeting low traffic keywords, and that is a good strategy, but you are going to need a lot more than 35 posts to get some decent traffic and lift your domain authority into at least double figures.
Sorry, I got a little sidetracked.
Once you start getting some traction then start to optimize your articles. “Hey Google look at me, I am famous now, here are some keywords you should be ranking me for.” and go ahead and optimize things like your title (leave the permalink alone), change some headings to include keywords (don’t squeeze them in for the sake of it), add images that are relevant to the article with proper alt. text.
What you will be doing is the basic steps of SEO, which will the stepping stones you can build on as your site gains in popularity.
In saying all that, it is ok to know what SEO is and what it entails, but people (I am not saying everyone), just starting out have a habit of trying to game the system, going overboard and stuffing keywords into their content, trying to optimize for the robot and not the end user.
Then doubling down by buying links. ?
This is wrong on so many levels.
Never buy links.
Buying links might work short-term (six months maybe), but Google (and other search engines), will suss you out.
There are a myriad of ways to purchase incoming links to your site, link wheels, link pyramids, buying links in directories, buying text links.
Remember that Google can (and will) penalize you for trying to game the system, and these days the algorithim is getting smarter and becoming more selective.
Is Submiting your site to the Directories to gain free links Worthwhile?
Ok it may not hurt you, but Google’s algorithm has become much more sophisticated in identifying and valuing high-quality, authoritative backlinks.
Low-quality directory links are often seen as spammy by most search engines and may not provide any significant SEO benefit.
Don’t waste your time. Go back to writing quality content, and building relationships with other websites in your niche.
If you decide to submit your site to directories, it is best to focus on niche directories that are relevant to your industry or niche.
These directories may have a more targeted audience and can provide more relevant backlinks. Also keep up with the latest SEO trends and best practices, as search engine algorithms are constantly evolving.
Hiring Cheap Writers to Churn out Content
Ok, quality trumps quanity any day. Forget about hiring “cheap writers” and churning out content in the hope something will stick.
The scatter gun approach to hitting the side of a barn wall will not work out well, and you could have a mess to clean up after the next algorithim update, by deleting posts that will never go anywhere in the SERPS for instance.
The recent and continuing Google helpful content updates will consign badly written articles to Google pergatory.
You need articles that will be of value to your audience. Write for the person not the ‘bot.
Ok, I will get off my soapbox, let’s see how Rank Math can help you.
How Rank Math’s SEO Course will Help You.
I have called it a masterclass and that is exactly what it is. It covers everything from the art of keyword research to the science of content creation and the strategic nuances of link building.
You will learn How to do:
- Keyword research
- On-site and content optimization.
- Link building
- Technical & local SEO
- You will get a comprehensive understanding of the latest SEO techniques you will be able to apply with confidence
The course starts with the very basics, and throughout the course there is a seperate forum where you can ask questions and collaborate with others.
Have a problem just ask, they have your back every step of the way.
Module1. Kickstarts your SEO journey with the foundations, disecting the anatomy of a web address, and how to properly set up a WordPress website.
The Advanced Sections of Rank Math’s SEO Course.
Module 2 is where the rubber begins to hit the road. I was prattling on about search engines above, but Module 2 will take you deeper into unravelling some of the workings of search engines.
In unraveling Search Engines you will learn:
- How search Engines work.
- What is SEO.
- Understanding SERPS (Search Engine Results Page).
By the time you have completed module 2 you will understand what SEO is, and how it affects your site and pages.
You will gain an understanding of how crawlers and spiders browse the internet looking for the most relevant results on the search engine results page (SERP) for the user to browse through and click on.
In Module 3 you will learn about the Google Search Console, and find out how to have your pages indexed quickly.
This module includes among other things:
- Setting up your website for SEO. (Google Search Console and XML Sitemaps.
- Getting your pages indexed faster
- Indexing API’s to index your pages faster.
- Things that could block your page from being indexed.
In Modules 4 and 5 you get to solve the problem that is every bloggers nightmare : Selecting Keywords.
The topics in these sections include:
- Intro to Keyword research
- Keyword research metrics and jargons.
- Generating Keyword Ideas (parts 1&2).
- Setting up keyword spreadsheets. ( You will never have writers block with these).
- Verifying keyword search volume.
- Verifying keyword competition.
- Keyword research using a paid tool (looking for low hanging fruit).
In Module 6, you get into the nitty gritty of your sites structure and authority:
- Introduction to site structure and authority
- What is “Silo Structure”
- Content Hub: Hub & Spokes model.
Module 7 is the conclusion going over these important topics so you can put them into action on your website.
Now we get to everyones question.
How Much does this Course Cost?
$2000? $2500? It is easily worth that, but No… It will not cost you that much.
Rank Math has kept the cost reasonable, because they understand the costs and complexities of building an online business is a huge deterrent for a lot of people.
They have taken away the risk for you, with a 30 money back guarantee if you are not satisfied.
Rank Math has been described as the Swiss Army Knife of SEO tools for WordPress for a long time.
This course builds on that experience:
Let’s go through the core benefits of the course.
- It is taught by experts who have been responsible for powering SEO for than 2 million Websites.
- You get all the information on SEO from Basic to Advanced, from the same team that created one of the most popular and powerful WordPress SEO plugins, that helps get your website to the top of the search engines.
- How to build a captivating website that acts as a magnet, attracting a steady stream of visitors without outlaying serious money for Pay Per Click ads.
- You will become a master on Keyword selection using free and paid keyword tools that can skyrocket your websites ranking in the Google searches.
- You will be equipped with data-driven techniques to optimize your content and unlock untapped ranking opportunities.
- You will understand the technical aspects of SEO, including site speed, mobile optimization, structured data, redirects, and other advanced stuff to improve your website’s performance, usability, and crawlability.
- You will master the art of building high-quality backlinks to enhance your website’s authority and credibility, using the same techniques Rank Math uses.
- You will be able to gather data-driven insights that can help you continuously improve your SEO performance.
- Learn the strategeries and leverage the opportunity to dominate the local search results. This is a must if you have a brick and mortar business or a freelancer offering services to local businesses.
- Staying up to date with algorithm changes. Get the inside info on what they affect, and how to recover from any penalties or drops in rankings.
- The strategies to monetize your website, using ads or even affiliate marketing
- Benefit from real world case studies and leverage their experiences and insights.
- In Depth Q&A. Rank Math will be hosting extensive members-only Q&A sessions on Slack to answer any and all your SEO-related questions
Most importantly: Receive guidance from experienced SEO professionals who can answer your SEO-related questions and provide personalized advice the same as a mentor would.
You will also receive feedback on your SEO Progress.
You have Access to 24 SEO course lessons, and more as they are added. Plus:-
- NEW Content (1+ Monthly Video)
- Q&A with SEO Experts
- 24/7 Priority Support.
All for $197.
Some Frequently Asked Questions.
How is this SEO course different from others?
With years of experience and expertise in SEO, Rank Math focuses on teaching with real-world examples and cases, so you learn to apply these SEO strategies effectively on your website.
How can I access the course materials and videos after enrolling in the course?
After enrolling in the paid SEO course, you can access the course materials and videos by logging into your Rank Math Account area. Then, go to the SEO course section, where you will find all the modules and lessons of the course.
What if I have questions and need help during this course?
If you have any questions or need help during this course, you can reach out to Rank Math through their dedicated support forum. Their experts will be happy to assist you with any queries or issues you may have.
There is a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the course. If you feel that the course did not meet your expectations or did not help you improve your SEO skills, you can request a refund within 30 days of enrolling.
Some links on this page are affiliate links for which I may receive payment. This is at no cost to you. I am not an employee of any company mentioned and all opinions expressed here are mine and are not representative of any company.