Never Reinstall Windows again. Do online computer repair systems work?
It is hard to know the real deal from a scam when looking for a service on line. One I often saw in the Google search pages, when looking for a simple system to keep my computer at optimum performance was, Reimage Repair Scam. But, is it ?.
This is my open and honest look at Reimage online repairs.
The two most common points for trying an online computer repair
- When there is a small persistent problem annoying the user
- A completely dysfunctional computer showing signs of a virus attack.
Both are points of frustration with a user, and sometimes rather than go to the trouble of packing it all up and taking it to a repair shop, we will look to alternatives.
Other reasons for using online repair systems
- Young adults who don’t know much about technology and are trying to fix their PC on the Internet for a quick fix to save money.
- Young couples that don’t want to pay for a PC technician.
- Families with young kids that are downloading content from problematic sites and damaging the PC.
- Families that have a teenager who has gone off to college, and are now left with no one that can fix their PC.
- Parents looking to keep their computer safe for their kids.
- Older couples that do not know much about computers and are trying to save money repairing online so they don’t have to call a technician and, perhaps their children / grandchildren don’t have time to do it for them.
Claims Made By Reimage
- Reimage is widely used by PC technicians, as opposed to the competition which the professionals won’t touch.
- Reimage offers a 30 day money back guarantee.
- Reimage’s repair can be undone and the computer will return to it’s old state
- Reimage reinstalls the operating system without touching user data or applications.
- Reimage is the only product in the world that can correct the damage a virus has caused (as opposed to anti virus software that simply remove viruses but don’t correct that damage).
According to the tech advisor I spoke with at Reimage, A laptop should have a working life of 10 years.
Most of us (I assume, if like me), are happy to get 4 or 5 years out of a laptop. Then head off to look at the latest computer sales.
PC repair Servicing
A comparision between online and off line servicing, shows that, 80% of technicians lack experience and training. Only one in three technicians successfully completes a PC repair within a reasonable time-frame.
Most repair professionals are expected to solve an infinite number of PC problems, occurring randomly, within a reasonable time frame – usually less than 2 hours.
Some other problems are
- An endless array of PC problems need to be surgically resolved.
- There is a lack of quantifiable metrics that can objectively track repair success.
- And, for computer repair technicans, it is almost impossible to boost profit margins in a “fixed-price” repair market.
This is often the cause of customer dissatisfaction and frustrated computer technicans.
Reimage claims to
- Keeps user data and applications intact.
- You may never need to reinstall again.
- You don’t need to install anything to use Reimage. It’s a web service.
- Repair unlimited PCs in the time it now takes to fix one
- Reimage ensures that each support call can successfully be concluded, within the hour.
- Repair PCs over the Internet or in person.
The last claim I found to be subjective. For Reimage to complete a repair in person you would need to be living in or close to a large city.
The Most Common Alternative Methods for PC Repair.
- Manual Operation ( technician with no tools).
- Reinstall the operating system from scratch
- Use an Anti – Virus application.
- Use an image back up or one of the many software utilities available.
A look at the system and the depth of value you receive.
A Three Stage Fix.
First, the Reimage preliminary scan will detect all errors on your PC’s Operating System. The repair process removes and replaces damaged files found during the scan.
During repair, Reimage not only removes damage, but also reverses the damage done to your Windows OS by replacing corrupted and deleted files with fresh Windows files and components from our continuously updated online database. Your PC’s performance, stability and security will be restored and improved.
A Windows error is an error that happens when an unexpected condition occurs or when a desired operation has failed. When you have an error in Windows, it may be critical and cause your programs to freeze and crash or it may be seemingly harmless yet annoying.
One of the biggest causes of DLL’s becoming corrupt/damaged is the practice of constantly installing and uninstalling programs. This often means that DLL’s will get overwritten by newer versions when a new program is installed, for example.
This causes problems for those applications and programs that still need the old version to operate. Thus, the program begins to malfunction and crash.
A DLL, like any other file or folder on your computer, can become corrupt. They become corrupt for one of a number of reasons.
Spyware or virus infections can certainly lead to a number of important files on your system becoming corrupt. If you have manually attempted to alter the contents of a file, then this too can lead to a corruption.
An interrupted installation or even an interrupted execution of the DLL may also lead to a corrupt DLL error message.
Note:- Reimage can only fix system DLL files that came with the Windows Installation. It cannot fix 3rd party DLL Files.
Once your computer has been infected with a virus, it’s no longer the same. After removing it with your anti-virus software, you’re often left with lingering side-effects. Technically, your computer might no longer be infected, but that doesn’t mean it’s error-free. Even simply removing a virus can actually harm your system.
Reimage uses a number of different virus engines simultaneously, and a custom virus engine, developed by our R&D team.
Reimage use white lists together with black lists to better detect what should and should not reside in your operating system. This allows us to pinpoint and exterminate harmful components.
The Reimage repair automatically compares system files with the Reimage repository files. Infected files are easily pointed out and then replaced with healthy ones. Infected files locked by viruses or by your operating system will be replaced when you reboot your PC.
Reimage is the only program that has the ability to clean virus damage!
Computer hanging or freezing occurs when either a program or the whole system ceases to respond to inputs.
In the most commonly encountered scenario, a program freezes and all windows belonging to the frozen program become static.
Almost always, the only way to recover from a system freeze is to reboot the machine, usually by power cycling with an on/off or reset button.
The suggested solution is to use the professional Windows system repair software which runs a deep scan of your Windows system, finds and automatically fixes system software issues that are causing your computer to freeze.
Reimage is the only program that has over 25,000,000 files in a repository and actually fixes your corrupted, malfunctioning and missing Windows software files.
Run Reimage scan to get a free PC report to see what PC issues you have and also get a free spyware and virus scan.
Operating System Recovery
Reimage repairs and replaces all critical Windows system files needed to run and restart correctly, without harming your user data.
Reimage also restores compromised system settings and registry values to their default Microsoft settings. You may always return your system to its pre-repair condition.
Blue Screen of Death
A stop error screen or bug check screen, commonly called a blue screen of death (also known as a BSoD, bluescreen), is caused by a fatal stystem error and is the error screen displayed by the Microsoft Windows family of operating systems upon encountering a critical error, of a non-recoverable nature, that causes the system to “crash”.
Reimage also increases performance, stops computer freezing and system crashes as well as improves overall PC stability. With regular use,
Reimage will constantly refresh your Operating System which will keep your computer running at its best. Reimage is a fast, easy and safe solution to fixing Blue Screens and all other Windows errors.
On Screen Application.
Once downloaded Reimage is quite unobtrusive. Just another icon on your desktop.
If your computer is running with out problems it is good maintenece to run a scan at least once a week to keep your system in good operating order.
The initial scan is a preliminary scan to get an overall view of your computers system.
This only takes a few minutes and then gives you a summary of the computers current profile.
The Fix begins. It scans file by file and fixes as it moves through the files. After this is completed the computer will have to be rebooted for any replaced files to be activated, The whole process takes generally less than an hour.
How ever once rebooted be patient, wait until a message screen appears, before getting back to your work. This gives the computer time to make sure any replaced files are installed and operating.
Reimage is a fully patented system designed to, Scan, diagnose and repair any damage on your PC with powerful technology, that not only fixes your Windows Operating System – it reverses the damage already done with a full database of replacement files.
My Experience with Reimage
My own experience was with a refurbished Dell laptop. I bought it as a stand by computer.
I started using it, for daily tasks but found it slow and programs crashing. I tried the free Reimage scan, then bought the unlimited use plan for 12 mths.
I used it about once a week to tidy up my computer, and decided to renew my subscription. Since then I have had them do a remote system check on the computer, (nothing was hacked).
So I have the utmost confidence in the integrity of Reimage and its partners.
Overall I found Reimage to be good however it has it limitations.
It will not fix or repair
- Third party software problems such as problems with Adobe or Firefox (however, if the reason the software won’t run is a Windows error, then Reimage may help)
- Physical problems such as a broken keyboard, mouse or screen.
- Will not block viruses or malware
Reimage CAN help you with Windows errors, the damage a virus or malware does to Windows, and mysterious problems with Windows such as crashes, freezes, blue screens of death, and more.
Is it a Scam?
See my experience above.
As well:- Reimage has built strong partnerships with the following businesses, and many others in order to bring a fast, reliable service to their clients. The product is popular around the world due to its unique Windows repair technology and ease of use.
- There are around 25 Million operating system components in the Reimage repository server.
- Windows 7 ultimate, for instance, has a total of 54,380 system files and 431,883 associated registry keys.
- There is no way to really fix an operating system by only cleaning its registry keys. System files must be inspected as well.
- Reimage Repository Team adds healthy files and variations to the online servers on a weekly basis.
An average Windows repair downloads only a small part of the Reimage repository, but is there to serve hundreds of system configurations, old and new. Every PC in the world gets fast access to the repository thanks to a content distrubition network (CDN)..
The repository files are actually duplicated and stored in numerous geo locations so when you repair with Reimage, you download from the server nearest you.
Reimage doesn’t run using a .NET framework or Java. It doesn’t even use exciting flash images and 3D graphics. And there is a good reason for that.
Reimage is designed to fix computers in any condition –
Ones with low memory, old CPU, broken plug-ins and erroneous system installations – the only requirement is a working internet connection and around 512MB of RAM.
Reimage is also designed to run in Safe Mode with networking, which is always the suggested approach (it disables most of the background programs and allows for a faster, smoother Windows repair.)
There are 2 levels of pricing.
The Home Plan for a one time fix is $39.00
For unlimited use and support for 12 months $69.00
To purchase Reimage go HERE.
I have used it and have no trouble recommending it.
These days I prefer to:-
Write, and teach. TEFLEN and TEASOL accredited. Copy writing, travel writing, promotional writing, current affairs articles. Contact me. firstname.lastname@example.org
Please know that some links in this email are affiliate links and if you decide to purchase, I will earn a commission (at no extra cost to you), This allows us to continue to provide information, education and promote ethical business’s. Needless to say, if I promote a product, I make 100% sure that the product works as described by the vendor and is 100% ethical. But it is always recommended to do your due diligence before you invest in anything – after all, it’s your money, not mine.